Thursday, October 30
Tuesday, October 28
- Damon's gone to NY & Quebec this week. I heard from him this morning & he's super tired. Yesterday he had to hang out with the boss at work until 6:30 pm so that made for a long day after getting up at 3 a.m. & traveling and not having much to do while he waited.
- Our water heater is not working. Damon tried to light the pilot light without luck & I tried again yesterday afternoon. I don't feel comfortable messing with it and it shouldn't be that hard. I called service yesterday but they can't be here until this afternoon. I won't complain (well I won't promise) about convention showers being cold because it was much colder here!
- Brett's conference went well last night. He knows all his colors, numbers, shapes, letters & their sounds. He gets along well with everyone in class & his teacher said he's "happy go lucky". He does well on his work and keeps on task. In January there's a meeting for parents where they tell about how help your child learn to read. Then they start sending home books nightly to practice. He will soon be reading!
- I'm going to attempt to make a Super Why costume for Brett. I probably should have done it before now but since I could care less about Halloween, I've put it off. Damon wanted to buy him the costume but it's sold out in many places & besides it's too expensive for a not so cute costume. Brett would be glad to just wear a cape & his Spiderman gloves but I think it will be fun to make something. We'll see, maybe we'll go with the cape & gloves and add a mask!
- I'm doing a Halloween party for the day care kids. Just simple things like a couple games, pizza for lunch, carve a pumpkin, eat the cookies we make on Thursday. One of the parents asked if there was anything he could bring. So I said ok, we need a pumpkin. Another mom called & asked if she could come & spend time with us and she would bring the pizza for lunch. Wow, I've never had such great dcparents!
- Sunday we stopped to see Grandma on our way home from Mom & Dad's. It was great to see her and it feels so right for her to be there. She's doing so well and we've really missed her!
Thursday, October 23
Wednesday, October 22
I go out & shop at a nice store & buy my child a cute winter hat. He very much dislikes it. Well, I think he's coming around & getting used to the idea (after I hugged him & said "you know Mommy wouldn't buy you anything that wasn't cool") but yes, he is going to wear it. There's a matching scarf I might have to get. Damon nodded when I showed it to him last night. Today he said "looks like Pippi Longstocking". Great. Too bad, I think it's cute! LOL Now I guess I better find a red and/or blue winter coat. The one I wanted at Lands End is sold out already in his size. I might have to get the more expensive one. Isn't that always my luck? I'm hoping his red boots still fit him from last year.
Tuesday, October 21
Monday, October 20
Sunday, October 19
Saturday, October 18
Friday, October 17
Monday, October 13
Friday, October 10
- Strawberry jam (good amount to cover the bottom of the bowl)
- Cool Whip next
- Then marachino cherries on top (all that's left in the jar, however many there are)
- award/what I learned
- fire safety tips & pictures from all the kids
- children & fire safety information
- fire safety activities to complete at home
- What keeps a firefighter safe page
- Clifford knows fire safety! Stop, Drop, Roll activity
- "That's safe! That's not!" worksheet
- Fire truck coloring page
- picture of fire/sign for fire
- Clifford Magazine fire safety
- matching numbers to fire trucks worksheet
- fire painting
- fire related words/pictures
We did this all today. Crammed a lot in but it wasn't too rushed. The kids like to be busy. Note to self: start earlier next year, especially if you have more than 5 kids present! Nah, nothing like the last minute. I didn't even have the idea until it all came together..... It turned out really cute so I think Brett will need to make one tonight